- Work Package Leader: European Cyclists' Federation
- Working group "European Certification Standard & Quality Assurance" started in October 2011
- Pilot certification on the Rhine Cycle Route finished in Spring 2012
- Publication of a short manual "European Certification Standard"
- The Rhine Cycle Route received its official certification in September 2014. It is the first certified long-distance cycling route in Europe.
- In January 2015, following the successful completion of the project, the Longterm Management Structure took over the activities regarding the promotion and further development of the Rhine Cycle Route.
Demarrage Project Management: